Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beware of Any Insurance Vendor.............

It was October_09, I started getting repeated calls from TATA AIG for Health Insurance product Health First. The calls were so repetitive that I was compelled to purchase the policy, but they also sold me Health Investor by their coax which was not my requirement. The real story starts here, coz these polices were sold to me on false commitments. I was told that the policy covers all the surgeries and all the renowned hospitals in Mumbai (even though its not mentioned in the policy documents) but it was not so, also the the benefit period of Health Investor was wrongly conveyed. Secondly I didn't got any receipt of my premium payment from TATA after the first receipt. 

When I wanted to cancel my Health Investor Policy I didn't got any cooperation from your operation department. I was instructed by the customer care to meet Operation Manager who operates from Vashi office. I tried to call him multiple times, but he never responded to the calls. So I decided to visit personally to the office, but it was even more devastating experience. I waited there for one hour for the said Operation Manager, but he didn't took efforts to come and meet me personally. I was extremely disappointed and went back.

Thenafter I repeatedly kept calling the vashi office but they treated me badly. The security guard who handles the reception also, neither transferred the call to the Operation Head nor to any of person in operation department saying that there is only one person in the whole operation department and he has gone for launch (at 4.30 pm) and will be back by one hour. Then again I called after one hour and the security guard literally used bad words to me instead transferring the line to the Operation head. Even few of my friends had the same experience.

The most astonishing thing is that none of the executive neither any concerned person are available as first point of contact after selling the policy to the customers.I regret to say that I had extremely bad experience with TATA despite of its renowned status. 

 But I would also like to mention the working of such companies which is extremely awry. These big companies pass on their products to various call centers to sell their product without proper training and guidelines and they are the real culprits.They just sell the product by giving any commitment, and then the blame game starts.
But we should also take the responsibility of doing thorough research of any insurance product/company before getting tapped.

Below mentioned link can be useful for research/complaint before or after purchasing any product.

http://www.consumercourt.in/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment